Post Race Color Me Rad!

Sunday, December 8, 2013



I know this post has been a long time coming but life has been kind of hectic lately. So here comes the post you all have been waiting for. My post-race review of the color me rad. Well, as most of you know, I have run a couple of 5k’s this year so I knew what I was going into. So we all came prepared this time around.  I stayed awake the night before so I could allow everyone to get a little bit more sleep than they did last time while I packed up extra clothes, sheets, and snacks. We ended up having to borrow a close friend of ours car because our cars transmission quit the day before the race.  It went out as I was going to work on Friday. We turned onto the road next to my job and 1-2 gear completely quit working. It gave us no warning at all. SO I was panicking all day at work because I was scared I wasn't able to make it. Our really close friend came through and we were able to get there. On the way there, it rained so I was really scared that the race was going to end up getting canceled. This is because of the fact that it was a bit cold. When we got there, as you all know I like to get to any race early so I can get pictures taken of the race course and of the decor before it got too crowded to get them.

Now that we have gotten there and I got my pictures taken, as you can see the picture of the beautiful sunrise and the good luck rainbow, we met up with my sister Jill and her friends.  My kids love their aunt Jill a lot so I couldn't think of anyone else I would rather run with than her. I don’t think my kids would have as much fun either if their aunt Jill and “Fancy Pants” wasn't there with us.  This race was the most special because we were celebrating my youngest daughter’s birthday. She was so happy that she couldn't stop smiling.  See, due to her birthday and when it falls, we never can seem to afford her a birthday party. (Her birthday is December 23rd) So we have to celebrate it early or later so she can have a special day. The hard thing is, no matter who we invite to her party, no one ever wants to come to her birthday. So that is why we chose to celebrate it at the Color Me Rad this year.  I really have to say thank you so much for the Color Me Rad team for making this the perfect birthday for her. They took pictures with her, and even had the racers sing Happy Birthday to her.  The whole way home, she wouldn't stop talking about it. So I have to say this to all of the Color Me Rad Crew.
“Thank you so very much for making my daughter the happiest little girl. You guys have made her birthday the best and made it so very special. I have never heard of anyone doing that before. So I have to say thank you so much again for it all”


Now for what you guys have come here to read, my race review. Other than it being misty and cold, I really liked the race.  It seemed to be a little longer than the race I ran a month before which was good because it gave me and Jill more time to have more fun.  The only thing I didn't like about this race was that it was cold and misting so It made the liquid color much colder than I thought it would be. We all got sick and are still sick. It was nothing the race officials could do about it; it was just the stupid Texas weather.  I loved how during the color stations, they aimed to keep the powder out of your face.  (Wish I could say the same about down the shirt. I got powder down my shirt I don’t know how many times lol) I honestly can say it looked like I had fallen backwards on a pile of blueberries for a week. Not to complain because I honestly loved the race. I was able to run a lot more of it as well than I had before. So all the training I have been doing is finally paying off. If you have ever thought about doing a color run before, even if you have to walk it, I would really recommend this race to you.  Not all of the color is powder. There were 2 separate stations, green and orange, that where liquid color.  Me and Jill made sure during these color stations to lift up our capes and “FLY” through the stations making it one awesome design on them.  We chose to do capes because you never really see superhero’s in a race. You always see tutus and me and Jill felt those were majorly overplayed. We wanted to be unique. So Jill came up with the idea of capes. Honestly, I think it was one of the best decisions we made.  We got lots of complements on our choice of costume.  Lots asked if they could use that idea for their next races. We would be honored to be honest.   


I love the fact that the staff made it fun even before their race. The DJ was very energetic and kept the crowd going and up-beat.  Even though it was cold and damp, he was wearing shorts and dancing around the stage.  Made it a great experience and this was the first race that I didn't end up puking my guts off because of the paint. Partially because I knew what to expect and knew it wasn't a good idea to stand in the middle of the crowd.  I really recommend you doing this race. I would have to say that so far, this one was the most fun. Was it because I knew what not to do and what was the best option from the experience I have had in the past? Maybe that was it but because I knew what to expect and prepared, I had a lot more fun.  Don’t take my word on it though, register for a race near you and see for yourself. You will not be disappointed! Click here to visit the site!


Also their is an awesome deal going on on their website. EVERYTHING is 50% off! I am so in for this sale. I love buying awesome gear and to get a hoody for $15 or a shirt for $7.50? I am surprised their site hasn't crashed from an overwhelming rush of people wanting to get their gear at an amazing price? I don't know about you but I am heading over to get my kids some awesome rad stuff for their Christmas! Click the banner to take a look for yourself or Click Here!

Click here for your 50% off savings!


This review is from my own experience. In no way was I told I had to give a positive review. I was told I needed to give an honest review. Each person has their own experience and this review was mine. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Aphalicious Bliss Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino