Pretty Muddy and The Big Scare!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Warning! Content may be graphic and not appropriate for all ages or weak stomach.


As a few choice people that are close to me know, I have recently had a scare. The sort of scare that no one, especially a woman wants to hear. I am talking about breast cancer.  It all started as me going to the doctor for a swollen lymph node that was seeping under my arm pit.  Sitting on that exam table and then seeing my doctor’s face turn concerned is not something a woman wants to see. Less so hearing her tell you that she has found lumps makes the situation a whole new deal.  They had found several lumps in my right breast. One of which was 4 cm big. I honestly felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.  

See I have had family die from Breast Cancer. My grandma was one who lost her life to this horrible cancer. It isn’t something you want to hear. If you don’t have family history in the matter, it is still something that you don’t want to hear coming out of your doctor’s mouth.  The hardest part about hearing that you may have Breast Cancer is waiting on the tests to see if you actually have it. The tests I am referring to are mammograms and ultrasounds. A mammogram is a machine that takes pictures of the tissue in your breast to help detect Cancer. They basically squeeze your breast till it is nearly flat then take a picture. It is not comfortable and actually hurts a bit. At least it hurt me. Then they follow it up with an ultrasound.  I sat in the hallway, waiting for over an hour crying because I was so scared.  God answered my prayers and finally sent someone who has gone through it to sit by my side during the wait. If by chance, the lady who sat with me during the wait, I want to tell you Thank You. I really doubt I could have done it without your kind words.

I have been blessed that the lumps that where found where do to swollen and infected ducts in my breast. I am one of the more fortunate ones.  Some women aren’t as fortunate as I. That’s why I believe with all of my heart, in the research and support given by the Susan G. Komen for the Cure . Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is a global leader of the breast cancer movement, having invested more than $1.9 billion since inception in 1982. As the world's largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists, Komen is working to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all, and energize science to find the cures. Thanks to events like the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure®, and generous contributions from partners, sponsors, and fellow supporters, Komen has become the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer in the world. Their hard work and research has helped so many women and for that I am a supporter.  (Information found at http://www.nbcam.org/)
This I why I am honored to announce my participation again this year in the Pretty Muddy Women’s Fun Mud Run.  I ran this race last year and am truly honored to be able to do it again this year as a blogger Ambassador.  If you, as well, would like to participate and help a good cause, then please head on over to http://prettymuddywomensrun.com/ and register for a race near you. If there isn’t one in your area and you would still like to help the cure, please visit https://fundraising.active.com/event/PrettyMuddyDallas and help in the fight against breast cancer. Every dollar counts. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support, I really don't think I could have done it without you all.  


Visit their social media at :
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Aphalicious Bliss Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino