Confessions of a recovering food adict!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013



Hello, my name is Angela and I am a recovering addict.  I have always had a thing for food. It was there for me when I was put down, hit, abused and worse.  The thing is though; food has never been my friend. It has actually made me hate myself over and over again to the point that self-consciously I find that I am not eating much. I have to force myself to eat or I honestly will not. I have found that I have actually begun to hate food just because of the pain and suffering I have gone through because of it. The added weight, the names I have been called because of it, ect. For the longest I have associated food with evil and despair that at times, I would even get sick at the thought of having to eat. This is really been my downfall in this fitness journey. I have tried to eat more so my body will start using the fat in my body but it has been a long hard road.  I don’t know how many times I have been calculating my food intake and wanted to scream because I have only eaten 800 calories or less.  Not from lack of trying. I could eat 8 meals in one day but then catch that I have only eaten 800 calories. I know you are probably wondering how that is possible. See I love spinach leaves and I love eating salad. I can really eat salad all day if I was given the opportunity. The bad part about this is that Spinach leaves salad, doesn’t have much calorie wise.  So this in turn has been my ongoing struggle. I am not one of those people who likes to pig out on junk food or stuff like that. I actually don't really like junk food that much. My guilty pleasures are guacamole hummus and fresh fruits. It is the amount I eat that have me in trouble. It is why my body is in starvation mode so often. (a woman needs to eat no less than 1200 calories a day)

To add to the addictions I have one that you may say is kind of a funny one.  It is one that I see no end to and don’t wish for it to stop. Yes it is one of those kinds of addictions. No it isn’t drugs or anything like that. It is a big more, snug than that.  Before I go into this addiction, I want to say it isn’t something to be concerned about and it is one of those that I can bet at least 1 out of 5 runners and fitness lovers have as well but don’t want to admit it. I am addicted to socks. Yes you really did read that right. I am addicted to socks. Not regular white ones though. I am addicted to the unique, crazy, wacky kind of socks.  The crazier the socks are the better. I love toe socks and compression socks the most. The ones with the words, stripes, dots, I love them all!! I really can’t get enough of them. I honestly can’t afford much of them but when I do get the opportunity to get socks, I jump at it.

With the holidays coming up, I told my husband that socks, vita packs (vitamins to help me get healthier and help assist my body to do what it needs to do) work out apparel, and anything to assist me to reach my goal to lose 25 inches from my stomach and drop down to single digit jeans by November of 2014. With this being said, if you guys know anything that you think could help or that I may like or you want to see me try, feel free to message me and I will see what I can do.  What are your addictions, what would you like to see me try and review on here and what are some things that you would like to see as a special for you this holiday season?

Stay tuned for an awesome race recap and sleeve review!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Aphalicious Bliss Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino