Week 7 Bad bad week!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

This week has been a bad week. From not working out as much as I should too stress major. The good thing is, I am still eating healthy! So that is a good thing. My water intake has been cruddy this past week but I am pushing forward to fix it. This week WILL be better. I will get these inches down and I will be aiming to be at least 40 inches in my waist by the time June 1st comes around!

This week my goal is to work out 3x a day for at least 30 min each time. I know you may think that is a lot but I am going to do it! I need to release some stress and with all 3 kids at home during spring break, running is not going to happen. I will make the most of it though. I mean it isn't going to fix itself. My body that is.  I have to admit, I messed up 3x this week for not working out so, i had to add 3 IOU's to the jar. Not cool on my part. Not cool at all. Oh well, I have to work harder to earn those back :)

Today, I kinda busted up my knuckles exercising. Not good I know but I was stressed, and upset and one miss judgement and I punched the floor a little too hard. EKK. Oh well I will wrap them tomorrow during the workout and it will be all better. :)

Is what I really wanted to discuss with you guys this week is the effects that working out does to you not only physically but mentally as well.  As most of you have read in my about me. My life has never been a red of roses unless you count all the thorns then maybe It has. Well, when I started working out, I had the self- esteem of... well it wasn't very high. As I started working out and seeing a difference in my body, I noticed How happy I was and how little I was depressed. This got me wanting more. My first rest day was hard. I didn't know anything about a rest day and It showed. My depression hit me like a ton of bricks. I swore I wouldn't feel that vulnerable again.  So my rest days after haven't really been that much of a rest day but more like an easy day. Light walking, cleaning more in the house ect. Nothing major. The point I am getting at is that, working out causes your body to release things like, Endorphins, Serotonin,and Dopamine into your system giving you this euphoric feelings during and after. Meaning if you fight depression, you are less likely to suffer as bad if you are working out. I had depression bad. I mean who wouldn't if you have gone through the things I have in my life. I have only had 1, I repeat ONE spurt of depression since I started working out and eating right! This too can happen to you if you really try and get up off that couch and get going.

This weeks workout may have lacked the definition of a work out but I did notice something about myself. I wasn't really smiling all that often still. Of course when I looked in the mirror and saw how my body still looked, I wasn't too interested. I have been eating healthy and thanks to an old friend, I am smiling more. Daily encouragement, and accountability for my workouts and eating. What could be better? Well more inches of course, but you can only push your body so much without causing injury. So my goal this week is to do 30 burpees, 30 Jack knife crunches, 30 high knees, 30 butt kicks, and 30 min of cardio. On top of that, I plan to do at least 1 TABATA work out a day with exception of my rest day.  So here goes an awesome week.

Without further wait, here is week 7 picks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Aphalicious Bliss Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino