Ready , Set, Work Out! Gym X!

Thursday, August 22, 2013




Healthy life changes are important to a healthy lifestyle. That means getting rid of the harmful and negative decisions and focusing on the ones that are healthy. To do this, you need to look at like a little differently.  For example, learning to read the labels on the foods you consume.  Also the decisions you make will determine how healthy of a life you live and how healthy your body will be as well. That’s why not only it is best to eat healthy, but also exercise is also very important as well. 

This is why I have started going to Gym X. Unlike many other gyms in the area, this one has been affordable and the people who attend this gym have honestly made me feel like I belong there. I have visit a few gyms in the past but the problem has been the lofty glances and remarks. You know the ones that say that “why do fat slobs get to occupy the same space” and that “My kind aren’t welcome their” and “you might not want to use that machine because it doesn’t look like I can afford to replace it when I break it” Yeah I have heard lots of negative things about my weight.  So coming into this gym, I kept my head low and stayed focus on the task at hand.  

The first day, ran smoothly, kept my eyes on the floor and my head phones in to keep from hearing anything negative.  I left the gym sweaty and feeling great. Day two, tragedy struck. Yes you guessed it, My IPod died. So I was forced to work out without it. This made me think. “Okay no music to drown out any negative comments, so might as well look up and take a look around” Well, it wasn’t what I thought it would be at all. I actually had 3 people telling me “Don’t give up, you are doing great” Talking about knocking me for a loop.  It actually put a smile on my face and gave me the strength to fight through the fatigue. I left that night feeling I could do anything. Day 3 came and I walked into the gym with pep in my step ready to tear up my workout.  This day I met a personal trainer who just happens to move from California. She didn’t work for the gym but goes there to work out. She helped me out by telling me machines to really stay away from until I am a little more fit. She recommended starting out daily on the stair machine and stay away from the treadmill. I know what you are thinking. Why stay away from the treadmill? Isn’t that what will help you lose weight? Yes, if you want bad knees and hips later on in life. Especially with me having week knees, she told me the best thing is the elliptical and stairs stepper. 

Day four of visiting the gym was the day of the Gym’s Personal Trainer.  The only word I can really say is   I did an Interval Training on my legs and arms then ended with a few abdominal workout s. By the time I was done, I felt like Jelly.  The thing that got me hook Line and sinker was how the trainer never pushed me to buy more sessions and how money was never even brought up till I asked. Even then, he tried to keep me focused on getting fit and keeping proper form when doing the workouts.  Most try to push for you to purchase more lessons. It made me smile to work out with someone who cared more about my fitness and health than money.  That’s what I like about this gym. They are cheaper than most around and they actually care about their clients.  Their equipment is clean and plentiful so there is no waiting in line for an elliptical or exercise bike.  They have on the wall disinfecting wipes for you to wipe down your equipment after and before if you are more comfortable with that. Haven’t seen those in a gym before. So I like to know I can disinfect a station or equipment before I use it and afterwards as well. (I kind of have a “thing” about certain things like other peoples sweaty bodies, using a towel more than once and a few other OCD things that normal people really wouldn’t even bother with.)
“HOLY CRAP!”

Now for the part I didn’t really care for.  No Child care. This may not be much of an issue for some but for others, it can make it or break it for a gym.  Some that need to work out have children that prevent them from working out due to the lack of someone to take care of them. That has been my major setback this summer. I have 3 children and have no one to watch them.  Makes it hard to do much of any kind of working out.  Most gyms in this area have child care. This one doesn’t. Not to say they aren’t working to get it. From talking to the manager and the General Manager, They both have said they are trying to get child care established and are looking for it to be up and ready soon. So at least they are trying to accommodate in areas that they lack. To me, that is promising. 

This Gym also has something else on their plus category. They are open 24 hours. This allows people at all times of the day to come work out and not have to worry about getting their before they close.  Then there is the price. Yes I know you guys are like there is a catch here. The price is probably going to be like $200 to sign up and like $100 a month. Wrong! Try for 2 people to sign up and use all the amenities, like the sauna, the Tanning beds and all the equipment. The price came up to $75 down and $38 a month before taxes.  From the research I have done, it is kind of the cheapest that I have found in this area.  So it is the best choice for me and my family. As soon as they start the child care, will make this Gym more perfect for me and my family. For now, we will play the hand we have been dealt. 

1 comments:

Ja @Ja on the RUN said...

Looks like a pretty awesome gym! :)

Post a Comment

Aphalicious Bliss Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino